Internal RMU Content

Please note: These pages are archived and are no longer being actively maintained.

Click here to visit the public RMU website.

Frequent Questions

How do I determine my eligibility for military tuition benefits?
Eligibility is determined by the VA Regional Processing Office in Buffalo. You may apply online, have a form sent to you, or pick one up at our office.

VA Web site:
Contact the VA by phone: 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)
Our office: Heather Jericho, (412) 397-5498

I have just applied to receive my Montgomery veteran's education benefits for the first time.  When will I receive my first payment?
The VA will send your Montgomery veteran's educatoin benefits directly to you, the student.  It may take up to 12 weeks for the first payment to arrive, but the payment will be retroactive.  At RMU, we understand that delays in the administration of your benefits may cause you to be late in paying your tuition bill.

I already have a bachelor’s degree.  Can I still use my military tuition benefits? 
Yes, you may use your benefits in any degree program, including master’s, doctoral, and professional degree programs.  

What should I do if I decide to withdraw from a class or change my enrollment?
If you are receiving veterans education benefits and voluntarily withdraw from a class or change your enrollment, you must notify our VA Certification Official. Changing from full-time to part-time status may affect the amount of your benefits.  Full-time status is defined as 12 or more credits per term.

If you withdraw because you are called up to active duty, you need to provide a copy of your deployment order to the Center for Veterans and Military Families. At the Center for Veterans and Military Families, we will do whatever is required to help students who have been called up to active military duty transition out of the university as expeditiously as possible. RMU has deployment policy for you to download and view.