Grant Proposal & Development
Faculty engaged in the development of new knowledge make important contributions to our community. Robert Morris University is committed to the full support of faculty engaged in research, scholarly and creative activity. Please click here for Guidelines for Faculty Grant Proposals & Contracts.
The Research & Grants Administration and Financial Operations both provide support to faculty engaged in research, scholarly and creative activity including assistance in seeking internal and external funding. Such support includes information, assistance with proposal development, and other help that may be needed by the faculty.
The Research & Grants Administration has administrative responsibility for relationships between sponsoring/ funding agencies and Robert Morris University. The Research & Grants Administration promotes the educational objectives of Robert Morris University by encouraging, facilitating and fostering research in the School of Business, School of Communications and Information Systems, School of Education and Social Sciences, School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Library and all other University programs. The Research & Grants Administration and Financial Operations provide the following services:
- Forwarding of announcements about Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Guidance for proposal preparation in accordance with RFP guidelines
- Guidance for budget assistance
- Guidance for proposal submission to sponsoring/funding agencies
- Communication and negotiation with sponsoring/funding agencies when appropriate
- Maintaining a faculty expertise database
- Maintaining a website for faculty research and scholarly activities
- Offering proposal development workshops
- Service as the liaison between the sponsoring/ funding agency and individual principal investigator(s)
- Project budget reports
- Guidance for project related progress reports and final reports
- Maintenance of a project database that includes project number, granting agency contact information, project milestones and deadlines
- Other project related services as may be requested by sponsoring/funding agencies or faculty
- Fiscal administration of projects
- Establishment of accounts for financial transactions
- Purchasing, personnel and payroll
- Preparation of financial reports to sponsoring agencies
- Compliance Verification
If you require any further assistance, please contact Sushil Acharya, Dr. Eng., Assistant Provost for Research & Graduate Studies, and Professor of Software Engineering at 412-397-4023.