Mission Vision Role
The Research & Grants Administration is committed to encouraging university faculty, staff, and students to apply for externally funded research by sharing funding opportunities, providing grant writing/management workshops, supporting proposal submissions, and recognizing research & grant achievements.
The Research & Grants Administration strives to provide university faculty, staff, and student assistance in all aspects of externally funded research thus supporting RMU’s Academic Excellence core value.
The Research & Grants Administration
- Communicates information about sponsors and funding opportunities to School Deans, faculty, and staff to support research interests.
- Maintains web-based systems to assist faculty, staff, and students in finding funding opportunities and to assist in finding partners for research collaborations.
- Provides proposal development support.
- Represents the University to Federal regulatory agencies.
- Provides direction and assistance to help assure appropriate interpretation and implementation of Federal regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements institutional policies and procedures to help assure compliance with Federal regulations related to sponsored research activities.
- Serves as liaison between the Principal Investigator and the sponsoring agency during the proposal, award, and project management stages of the sponsored research project.
- Endorses proposals and other sponsor-related documents that require an authorized institutional official to certify adherence and compliance with various terms and conditions associated with research administration.
- Reviews and approves contract budgets and proposals.
- Works with Finance Department to establish accounts for all sponsored research awards.
- Provides input to Sponsored Projects Accounting (Finance Department) to aid in the formulation, implementation, and interpretation of policies and procedures for various cost and budgetary issues in accordance with Federal regulations and sponsoring agency policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with Sponsored Projects Accounting to help ensure that sponsored research projects are administered in accordance with Federal regulations, University and sponsoring agency policies and procedures.
- Administers IRB by providing guidance and oversight for the human participant protection program and for helping to maintain compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.